About NHS Lothian
Come and see what we can offer for your career in healthcare
NHS Lothian provides a comprehensive range of primary, community-based and acute hospital services for the populations of Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian and West Lothian. NHS Lothian provides services for the second largest residential population in Scotland - circa 850,000 people. We employ approximately 24,000 staff.
At NHS Lothian we believe that working together across all areas of the health service is the best way to provide care for patients. Through an innovative programme of modernisation, we are developing into a single integrated health system. Patients and staff are benefiting from the creation of a more streamlined, patient-centred structure and from our more integrated approach to planning and delivering healthcare services.
Some of the benefits of working for us include:
- A minimum of 27 days annual leave (pro rata) increasing with service
- Eight public holidays (pro rata) per year
- Flexible, family-friendly working arrangements
- Access to the NHS pension scheme
- Access to staff benefits and promotions
- Equal opportunities in employment.
Find out more about pursuing a career in NHS Lothian.