Why NHS Lothian?
There are so many development opportunities with Clinical Education
- NHS Lothian has a dedicated clinical education team who provide a wide range of learning opportunities and support for all our Health Care Support Workers, Nurses and Midwives.
- It is one of the only health boards to have a career and education pathway supporting staff to progress from a Health Care Support Worker to band 7 charge nurse or Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
- We are the only health board in Scotland to run a leadership programme for our Black and Ethnic Minority Nurses and Midwives.
- All Nurses, Midwives and Health Care Support Workers who join NHS Lothian will undertake an in-depth one week induction programme in addition to local induction.
- All our health care support workers can access a recognised qualification which include National Progression Award, Scottish Vocational Qualifications.
- We have a unique HNC programme which enables Health Care Support Workers to access 2nd year of Nursing.
- NHS Lothian provides a unique one year programme, which is delivered face to face incorporating reflective learning sets for all newly Registered Nurses.
- We provide training on over 60 different clinical skills to support our Health Care Support Workers and Registered Nurses and Midwives to provide the best care possible.
- We have a wide range of accredited clinical modules and specialist modules with local universities.
- We have a nationally recognised clinical supervision model to support our staff.
- We provide structured BSc hons and MSc pathways for both acute and community staff.
- We have a number of leadership courses and training days to support all of our staff.
Further information is available within our 'Why NHS Lothian' flyer