Applying for Posts with NHS Lothian
For General vacancies
, click on the 'Apply On-line' tab within the vacancy information and follow the instructions. For Medical and Dental vacancies
, the completed application form should be sent to email@example.com
by the closing date quoting the reference number. No applications will be considered after this time. Please note we no longer accept CV's as a form of application.
Guidelines for filling in an application form
- Find a quiet place to sit and complete the form; if applying on-line it might be helpful to type up the application in Word first. This will allow you to have a copy for your records and you can also 'spell check' the application
- Keep it neat and tidy and check for spelling and grammar
- Work out what kind of skills NHS Lothian will be looking for - look at the job description
- To stand the best chance of receiving an interview invite, you have to demonstrate that you have the skills and experience as stated within the person specification and provide clear examples within the statement in support section. Spend time on it as this is where you can show you are the best person for the job
- You are asked to supply the name, address and telephone number of two referees. One must be from your current or most recent employer. Let them know you have put their name down and check that they are happy to supply you with a reference
- If a section of the form doesn’t apply to you, write 'not applicable' rather than leaving it blank
- Never submit the same application form twice. Always adapt it to show how you meet the person specification of the particular post you are applying for.